Bernard Herrmann conducts Great British Film Music (Remastered) The National Philharmonic Orchestra & Bernard Herrmann
Label: Decca Music Group Ltd.
Album including Album cover
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Constant Leonard Lambert (1905 - 1951): Anna Karenina - Suite:
- 1Lambert: Anna Karenina - Suite: Overture01:42
- 2Lambert: Anna Karenina - Suite: Forlane02:39
- 3Lambert: Anna Karenina - Suite: Love Scene02:10
- 4Lambert: Anna Karenina - Suite: Finale04:25
- Arnold Bax (1883 - 1953): Oliver Twist:
- 5Bax: Oliver Twist: Fagin's Romp02:20
- 6Bax: Oliver Twist: Finale04:36
- Arthur Benjamin (1893 - 1960): An Ideal Husband:
- 7Benjamin: An Ideal Husband: Waltz04:46
- 8Benjamin: An Ideal Husband: Hyde Park Galop01:36
- William Walton (1902 - 1983): Escape Me Never:
- 9Walton: Escape Me Never03:15
- Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872 - 1958): 49th Parallel:
- 10Vaughan Williams: 49th Parallel: The Invaders03:21
- Arthur Bliss (1891 - 1975): Things to Come - Suite:
- 11Bliss: Things to Come - Suite: Prologue02:35
- 12Bliss: Things to Come - Suite: March04:45
- 13Bliss: Things to Come - Suite: Building of the New World02:10
- 14Bliss: Things to Come - Suite: Attack On The Moon Gun01:36
- 15Bliss: Things to Come - Suite: Epilogue03:32
Info for Bernard Herrmann conducts Great British Film Music (Remastered)
Son of a Russian–Jewish immigrant and a pupil of Goldmark and of Percy Grainger, the American composer and conductor Bernard Herrmann made a significant contribution to music for the cinema. Other compositions include an opera, Wuthering Heights, a television version of Dickens’s A Christmas Carol, and a cantata based on Melville’s Moby Dick.
Film Music: Herrmann’s film scores include Citizen Kane, The Magnificent Ambersons, Vertigo, Psycho, The Snows of Kilimanjaro and Taxi Driver, among many more. His Concerto Macabre is taken from the score for the 1945 film Hangover Square.
The National Philharmonic Orchestra
Bernard Herrmann, conductor
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.