Macca To Mecca! (Live) Little Steven and The Disciples of Soul
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- 1I Saw Her Standing There Intro (Live / 2017)00:46
- 2I Saw Her Standing There (Live / 2017)04:06
- 3Cavern Club Intro (Live / 2017)00:44
- 4Magical Mystery Tour (Live / 2017)02:58
- 5Boys (Live / 2017)03:43
- 6Slow Down Intro (Live / 2017)01:31
- 7Slow Down (Live / 2017)03:26
- 8Some Other Guy (Live / 2017)02:42
- 9Soldier Of Love Intro (Live / 2017)00:36
- 10Soldier Of Love (Lay Down Your Arms) (Live / 2017)02:52
- 11Good Morning Good Morning (Live / 2017)02:24
- 12Got To Get You Into My Life (Live / 2017)03:25
- 13All You Need Is Love (Live / 2017)04:53
- 14Birthday (Live / 2017)02:50
Info for Macca To Mecca! (Live)
Little Steven Van Zandt has released Macca to Mecca, a live album honoring the music of The Beatles recorded in front of The Cavern Club, the Liverpool dive where the Fab Four famously got their start.
In the fall of 2017, when Little Steven landed in Liverpool on his sold-out European tour with his newly reformed band the Disciples of Soul in support of Soulfire, his first new album in nearly two decades, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame musician, songwriter, and lifelong Beatles fan played a surprise, afternoon set outside of the legendary Cavern Club. Like so many others, witnessing The Beatles’ iconic appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 had inspired him to pick up a guitar and start a band of his own. The intimate lunchtime gig saw Little Steven, a.k.a Stevie Van Zandt lead his 15-strong band through rocking renditions of “Magical Mystery Tour”, “Good Morning, Good Morning”, “Got To Get You Into My Life”, and “All You Need Is Love” alongside iconic songs famously performed by the nascent Fab Four including “Boys” (originally by The Shirelles), “Slow Down” (by Larry Williams) and “Soldier Of Love” (first recorded by Arthur Alexander).
“Playing in the same venue where The Beatles started their careers was a childhood dream of mine come true,” says Van Zandt in a statement. “This was a band that set me on course for a life of music. For my rock ‘n’ roll religion, The Cavern is the first sacred site (after the 4 clubs in Hamburg they played!). It was an honor – no, make that an epiphany – to perform there.”
Little Steven, a.k.a Stevie Van Zandt
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.