Label: Decca Music Group Ltd.
Composer: Ottorino Respighi (1879-1936)
Album including Album cover
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Ottorino Respighi (1879 - 1936): Pini di Roma:
- 1Ottorino Respighi: Pini di Roma: I. I pini di Villa Borghese02:40
- 2Ottorino Respighi: Pini di Roma: II. Pini presso una catacomba07:09
- 3Ottorino Respighi: Pini di Roma: III. I pini del Gianicolo07:01
- 4Ottorino Respighi: Pini di Roma: IV. I pini della Via Appia05:39
- Ottorino Respighi:
- 5Aria per archi (Trans. Di Vittorio)05:57
- 6Leggenda for Violin and Orchestra06:11
- 7Di sera05:33
- Antiche danze ed arie per liuto, Suite No. 3, P. 172:
- 8Ottorino Respighi: Antiche danze ed arie per liuto, Suite No. 3, P. 172: I. Italiana. Andantino03:14
- 9Ottorino Respighi: Antiche danze ed arie per liuto, Suite No. 3, P. 172: II. Arie di corte. Andante cantabile06:57
- 10Ottorino Respighi: Antiche danze ed arie per liuto, Suite No. 3, P. 172: III. Siciliana. Andantino03:01
- 11Ottorino Respighi: Antiche danze ed arie per liuto, Suite No. 3, P. 172: IV. Passacaglia. Maestoso - Vivace03:18
- Fontane di Roma:
- 12Ottorino Respighi: Fontane di Roma: I. La fontana di Valle Giulia all'alba04:35
- 13Ottorino Respighi: Fontane di Roma: II. La fontana del Tritone al mattino02:42
- 14Ottorino Respighi: Fontane di Roma: III. La fontana di Trevi al meriggio03:26
- 15Ottorino Respighi: Fontane di Roma: IV. La fontana di Villa Medici al tramonto05:53
Info for Respighi
Riccardo Chailly and the Filarmonica della Scala continue their acclaimed series celebrating the great Italian composers with Respighi which will be released on 11 September 2020. The recording features a curated programme of early rarities and the evocative Pines and Fountains of Rome.
Riccardo Chailly and the Filarmonica della Scala’s new album Respighi aims to present the full complexity of the composer as well as the richness of his oeuvre by featuring two “triptychs” of his works: three rarities from his youth, and three mature compositions including two from his famous Roman trilogy. Thirty years of music are represented, spanning almost the entirety of Respighi’s output, from his student years to the outstanding examples from his maturity.
Features early rarities and Pines and Fountains of Rome: The early rarities featured in the first “triptych” are the Aria, the Leggenda and Di Sera composed, respectively, in 1901, 1902 and 1903. The three mature masterpieces featured are Fountains of Rome from 1915–16, Pines of Rome from 1924 and the third set of Ancient Airs and Dances from 1931. Here we meet the ‘Roman’ Respighi, who from 1913 was professor of composition (and later director) at the Conservatory of Santa Cecilia and an established composer, and there is a radical change in geography and mood as well as in Respighi’s position in the world.
Respighi was one of the leading Italian composers of the early 20th Century. Among his best-known works are his three Roman tone poems, Fountains of Rome, Pines of Rome and Roman Festivals which are among the finest examples of the symphonic poem, rich in cultural and emotional resonances, and demonstrate Respighi’s mastery of orchestration.
Respighi’s style consists of a complex collection of ingredients including his mastery of orchestral colour and his passion for, and reimagining of, ancient music that provided the inspiration for the Ancient Airs and Dances. He was also fascinated and inspired by Italy and its cultural history. Rome was Respighi’s spiritual home, where the first performances of Fountains and Pines took place, and where the Respighis resided.
“Hard to imagine it more thrillingly realised” – The Guardian Riccardo Chailly and the Filarmonica della Scala performed Respighi’s Pines and Fountains of Rome at the BBC Proms in 2017 and The Guardian noted, “Chailly’s interpretations juxtaposed sensuous details with spine-tingling excitement” and that it was, “Hard to imagine it more thrillingly realised.”
Filarmonica della Scala
Riccardo Chailly, conductor
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.