Strauss: Seven Songs - Mozart: Concert Arias (Remastered) Elisabeth Schwarzkopf, London Symphony Orchestra & Georg Szell
Label: Warner Classics
Composer: Richard Strauss (1864-1949, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
Album including Album cover
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791): Ch'io mi scordi di te?... Non temer, amato bene, K. 505:
- 1Mozart: Ch'io mi scordi di te?... Non temer, amato bene, K. 50511:14
- Vado, ma dove?, K. 583:
- 2Mozart: Vado, ma dove?, K. 58304:23
- Alma grande e nobil core, K. 578:
- 3Mozart: Alma grande e nobil core, K. 57804:30
- Nehmt meinen Dank, ihr holden Gönner, K. 383:
- 4Mozart: Nehmt meinen Dank, ihr holden Gönner, K. 38303:58
- Richard Strauss (1864 - 1949): 4 Lieder, Op. 27:
- 5Strauss: 4 Lieder, Op. 27: No. 1, Ruhe, meine Seele (Orchestral Version)03:54
- 6 Lieder, Op. 37:
- 6Strauss: 6 Lieder, Op. 37: No. 3, Meinem Kinde (Orchestral Version)02:50
- 5 Lieder, Op. 41:
- 7Strauss: 5 Lieder, Op. 41: No. 1, Wiegenlied (Orchestral Version)04:45
- 4 Lieder, Op. 27:
- 8Strauss: 4 Lieder, Op. 27: No. 4, Morgen (Orchestral Version)03:46
- 3 Lieder, Op. 88:
- 9Strauss: 3 Lieder, Op. 88: No. 1, Das Bächlein (Orchestral Version)02:01
- 4 Lieder, Op. 36:
- 10Strauss: 4 Lieder, Op. 36: No. 1, Das Rosenband (Orchestral Version)03:13
- 5 Lieder, Op. 84:
- 11Strauss: 5 Lieder, Op. 84: No. 4, Winterweihe (Orchestral Version)03:21
Info for Strauss: Seven Songs - Mozart: Concert Arias (Remastered)
In 1947 a brilliant generation of Austro-German singers represented the Vienna State Opera for a short season at Covent Garden. Among those known to London audiences from before the war were Maria Cebotari and Hans Hotter; new were Anton Dermota, Erich Kunz and an array of sopranos headed by Hilde Gueden, Sena Jurinac, Emmy Loose, Elisabeth Schwarzkopf, Irmgard Seefried and Ljuba Welitsch. For one famous evening Richard Tauber joined the cast of Don Giovanni before entering the hospital in which he died four months later. It was a season which, more than any other event at the time, reassured opera-goers that traditions survived and that singing of real distinction, even greatness, might yet be heard in the postwar world.
This is a great recording of an always great interpreter of Mozart arias. Elizabeth Schwarzkopf is always touching in Richard Strauss works. The "vinyl flair" is beautifully rendered in this recording
Elisabeth Schwarzkopf, soprano
Edith Peinemann, violin
London Symphony Orchestra
Georg Szell, conductor
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.