Infinite Piazzolla Quinteto del Fuego
- Ástor Piazzolla (1921 - 1992):
- 1Decarísimo (Arr. for Bandoneon, Violin, Piano, Guitar & Double Bass)03:07
- 2Oblivion (Arr. for Bandoneon, Violin, Piano, Guitar & Double Bass)04:45
- 3Concierto para quinteto (Arr. for Bandoneon, Violin, Piano, Guitar & Double Bass)10:19
- 4Histoire du tango: II. Café 1930 (Arr. for Violin & Guitar)08:10
- 5Histoire du tango: III. Nightclub 1960 (Arr. for Bandoneon & Guitar)05:34
- 6Contrabajísimo (Arr. for Bandoneon, Violin, Piano, Guitar & Double Bass)11:40
- 7Ángel Series: Resurrección del ángel (Arr. for Violin & Piano)06:07
- 8Tangata (Arr. for Bandoneon, Violin, Piano, Guitar & Double Bass)10:58
- 9Escualo (Arr. for Bandoneon, Violin, Piano, Guitar & Double Bass)02:39
- 10Tango Suite for 2 Guitars: II. Andante rubato (Arr. for Guitar, Bandoneon & Double Bass)05:26
- 11Libertango (Arr. for Bandoneon, Violin, Piano, Guitar & Double Bass)03:45
Info for Infinite Piazzolla
Quinteto del Fuego consists of five internationally renowned artists, whose artistic accomplishments place each one of them among the very best of their generation. Stéphane Chapuis (bandoneon), Elmira Darvarova (violin), Lionel Monnet (piano), George Vassilev (guitar) and Irina-Kalina Goudeva (double bass) are fantastic virtuosos of their instruments who bring exquisite musicianship, refined taste and sublime perfection to their mesmerizing charismatic interpretations.
The triumphal success of their concerts in Europe and the United States has solidified the reputation of Quinteto del Fuego as one of the very rare formations which cherish every note of the musical conversation connecting and binding them to the extreme core of the composers they champion. Their unrestrained passion for Astor Piazzolla’s music, coupled with their unerring instincts and deeply-felt affinity for the composer’s intentions, allow them to intertwine their individual vision with the unique original idea of the composer, resulting in unprecedentedly high-voltage performances and electrifying interpretative achievements. This is their debut CD recording of masterpieces by Astor Piazzolla on Affetto/Naxos.
Quinteto del Fuego:
Elmira Darvarova, violin
Stéphane Chapuis, bandoneon
Lionel Monnet, piano
Irina-Kalina Goudeva, double bass
George Vassilev, guitar
Quinteto del Fuego
Five exceptional, internationally renowned soloists combine their passion for the music of Astor Piazzolla and his revolutionary style "Tango Nuevo". The instrumental virtuosity, rhythmic complexity and modern harmonic expression of the music and its deep poetic and emotional message are wonderfully conveyed in the interpretation of the ensemble. A compelling and dramatic performance, expressing the love and melancholy, the freedom and anxiety, the hope and despair...
The quintet specialises in playing and reinterpreting the tango and is made up of Elmira Darvarova, violin, Stéphane Chapuis, bandonéon, Irina-Kalina Goudeva, double bass, George Vassilev, guitar, and Lionel Monnet, piano.
To capture the energy and richness of this complex and intoxicating music, we turned to Jean-Claude Gaberel, the world-renowned sound engineer who has won a César for his work on the soundtrack to the film Farinelli. Together with an array of exceptional microphones, many of which valve-based, Jean-Claude Gaberel used a Pyramix virtual studio to create very high definition (24 bit, 384 KHz DXD) audio files.
Elmira Darvarova, the famous American violinist who plays the violin in this fiery quintet, summed up the session on her Facebook page: “In Switzerland at the sensational debut of the new super-group QUINTETO DEL FUEGO, performing to standing ovation (with multiple encores) at sold-out venues, and recording for the renowned Stenheim "Swiss Made Audio Excellence" for their prestigious "Stenheim Acoustic Sessions" program with globally-recognized sound engineer and Cesar winner)Jean-Claude Gaberel.”