Label: Decca Records France
Artist: Simon Ghraichy
Composer: Francisco Tárrega, Charles Valentin Alkan (1813-1888), Ariel Ramírez, Robert Schumann, Chilly Gonzales (1972), Michael Nyman, Pawel Szymanski, Jacopo Baboni Schilingi
Album including Album cover Booklet (PDF)
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Francisco Tárrega (1852 - 1909):
- 1Recuerdos de la Alhambra (Transcr. for piano by Simon Ghraichy)04:29
- Charles Valentin Alkan (1813 - 1888): 25 Preludes, Op.31 / 1st Suite
- 225 Preludes, Op.31 / 1st Suite: No.8 in A flat minor: La chanson de la folle au bord de la mer03:20
- Ariel Ramírez (1921 - 2010):
- 3Alfonsina y el mar (Transcr. for piano by Simon Ghraichy)02:47
- Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856): Humoreske, Op.20
- 4Humoreske, Op.20: 1. Einfach05:41
- 5Humoreske, Op.20: 2. Hastig04:58
- 6Humoreske, Op.20: 3. Einfach und zart04:32
- 7Humoreske, Op.20: 4. Innig05:19
- 8Humoreske, Op.20: 5. Zum Beschluss06:01
- Chilly Gonzales (b. 1972):
- 9Robert on the bridge04:16
- Philip Glass (b. 1937):
- 10Raising the sail04:14
- Michael Nyman (b. 1944):
- 11Time lapse - Piano version03:21
- Pawel Szymanski (b. 1954): Deux études pour piano
- 12Deux études pour piano: I. Presto ritmico sempre staccato e secco06:23
- 13Deux études pour piano: II. Prestissimo senza metro ma ritmico07:33
- Jacopo Baboni Schilingi (b. 1971):
- Robert Schumann: Etudes in Variation Form on a Theme by Beethoven, WoO 31:
- 15Etudes in Variation Form on a Theme by Beethoven, WoO 31: Tema00:50
- 16Etudes in Variation Form on a Theme by Beethoven, WoO 31: I. Molto moderato01:21
- 17Etudes in Variation Form on a Theme by Beethoven, WoO 31: II.00:45
- 18Etudes in Variation Form on a Theme by Beethoven, WoO 31: III.01:08
- 19Etudes in Variation Form on a Theme by Beethoven, WoO 31: IV. Prestissimo00:35
- 20Etudes in Variation Form on a Theme by Beethoven, WoO 31: V.00:56
- 21Etudes in Variation Form on a Theme by Beethoven, WoO 31: VI. Presto00:44
- 22Etudes in Variation Form on a Theme by Beethoven, WoO 31: VII. Cantando01:03
- 23Etudes in Variation Form on a Theme by Beethoven, WoO 31: VIII. Passionato00:52
- 24Etudes in Variation Form on a Theme by Beethoven, WoO 31: IX.01:56
Info for 33
After his successful debut album “Heritages”, the French pianist Simon Ghraichy is back with a new album: “33”.
The 33 year old has a reputation of being “the craziest” of all French pianists. He shakes his life in all directions and now presents his personal selection of music, including two world premiere recordings, commissioned by Simon himself: Chilly Gonzales’s Robert on the Bridge and Jacopo Baboni Schilingi’s HUGE.
The central piece of his new album is the Humoreske, op.20, by Schumann: a series of seven short sections, whose musical texture and emotional tones vary widely and differ greatly between the sections. In the second part of the piece Schuman opened up the typical double-staffed score to include a third staff, the middle of which contains a solo voice marked “innere Stimme” (inner voice). Schumann intended this “internal/inner voice” to be seen but not played by the pianist, to appeal not only to the ears, but the eyes as well!
Simon Ghraichy, piano
is a French pianist of Lebanese and Mexican background. Ghraichy has performed as a soloist with orchestras and in chamber music and solo recitals in music halls across the globe: at Carnegie Hall and the Kennedy Center, as well as venues in France, Netherlands, Peru, Mexico, Cuba, Brazil, and Egypt.