Beethoven: Symphony No. 3 "Eroica" - Strauss: Metamorphosen Sinfonia Grange au Lac, Esa-Pekka Salonen
- Richard Strauss (1864 - 1949):
- 1Metamorphosen, TRV 29028:44
- Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 - 1827): Symphony No. 3 in E-Flat Major, Op. 55 "Eroica":
- 2Symphony No. 3 in E-Flat Major, Op. 55 "Eroica": I. Allegro con brio13:16
- 3Symphony No. 3 in E-Flat Major, Op. 55 "Eroica": II. Marcia funebre (Allegro assai)15:49
- 4Symphony No. 3 in E-Flat Major, Op. 55 "Eroica": III. Scherzo (Allegro vivace) - Trio05:40
- 5Symphony No. 3 in E-Flat Major, Op. 55 "Eroica": IV. Finale (Allegro molto)11:50
Info for Beethoven: Symphony No. 3 "Eroica" - Strauss: Metamorphosen
This live recording of Strauss’s Metamorphosen and Beethoven’s Eroica Symphony marks the birth on record of the ‘Sinfonia Grange au Lac’, an orchestra created in July 2018 on the occasion of the Rencontres Musicales d’Évian, the prestigious festival created by Mstislav Rostropovich in 1985 and revived since 2014. A musical ambassador intended to promote the excellence of its parent festival worldwide, the Sinfonia Grange au Lac consists of musicians from leading European orchestras (in Amsterdam, Berlin, Frankfurt, Leipzig, London, Lucerne, Munich, Paris, Salzburg, Valencia and Vienna) as well as existing groups such as the Trio Karénine and the Quatuor Ébène. And it was a stroke of genius to manage to secure the services of Esa-Pekka Salonen.
The brilliant Finn became a passionate supporter of the project, checking the list of members one by one. He told Diapason magazine: ‘Our work together made me understand what guided Claudio Abbado when he created the Lucerne Festival Orchestra: the pleasure of working with handpicked musicians and making music with great freshness.
Sinfonia Grange au Lac
Esa-Pekka Salonen, Dirigent
No albums found.
No biography found.