The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King - The Complete Recordings Howard Shore
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- 1Roots and Beginnings06:30
- 2Journey to the Cross-roads02:16
- 3The Road to Isengard02:18
- 4The Foot of Orthanc04:44
- 5Return to Edoras01:51
- 6The Chalice Passed01:51
- 7The Green Dragon (feat. Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan)00:34
- 8Gollum's Villainy02:10
- 9Éowyn's Dream01:24
- 10The Palantír03:10
- 11Flight from Edoras02:18
- 12The Grace of Undómiel (feat. Renée Fleming)06:20
- 13The Eyes of the White Tower04:33
- 14A Coronal of Silver and Gold08:27
- 15The Lighting of the Beacons09:03
- 16Osgiliath Invaded (feat. Ben Del Maestro)08:46
- 17The Stairs of Cirith Ungol02:40
- 18Allegiance to Denethor03:19
- 19The Sacrifice Of Faramir / "The Edge of Night" (feat. Billy Boyd)04:08
- 20The Parting of Sam and Frodo04:04
- 21Marshalling at Dunharrow04:56
- 22Andúril - Flame of the West03:27
- 23The Passing of the Grey Company04:10
- 24Dwimorberg - The Haunted Mountain02:26
- 25Master Meriadoc, Swordthain01:39
- 26The Paths of the Dead06:22
- 27The Siege of Gondor09:01
- 28Shelob's Lair08:53
- 29Merry's Simple Courage01:59
- 30Grond - The Hammer of the Underworld01:31
- 31Shelob the Great05:13
- 32The Tomb of the Stewards03:58
- 33The Battle of the Pelennor Fields04:09
- 34The Pyre of Denethor02:59
- 35The Mûmakil00:57
- 36Dernhelm in Battle02:06
- 37"A Far Green Country"01:27
- 38Shieldmaiden of Rohan05:06
- 39The Passing of Théoden02:16
- 40The Houses of Healing (feat. Liv Tyler)02:58
- 41The Tower of Cirith Ungol04:41
- 42The Last Debate / "Asëa Aranion" (feat. Sissel)04:21
- 43The Land of Shadow06:29
- 44The Mouth of Sauron (feat. Sir James Galway)08:15
- 45"For Frodo" (feat. Ben Del Maestro)03:17
- 46Mount Doom (feat. Renée Fleming)04:09
- 47The Crack of Doom04:01
- 48The Eagles (feat. Renée Fleming)02:23
- 49The Fellowship Reunited (feat. Sir James Galway, Viggo Mortensen and Renée Fleming)12:18
- 50The Journey to the Grey Havens (feat. Sir James Galway)07:34
- 51Elanor (feat. Sir James Galway)01:28
- 52Days of the Ring / "Into the West" (feat. Annie Lennox)11:09
- 53Bilbo's Song02:58
Info for The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King - The Complete Recordings
The Lord of the Rings trilogy remains one of most successful films in cinematic history. Based on the popular J.R.R. Tolkien novel of the same name, The Lord of the Rings was directed by Peter Jackson with a score composed by Howard Shore and earned a total of 17 Academy Awards®. Three of those awards were for the film’s music which enjoyed wide commercial success and collectively has sold seven million copies.
"The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King - The Complete Recordings" will be released for the very first time in 24bit Studio Master recording quality.
The music for all three films was composed, orchestrated and conducted by Howard Shore. The music he wrote for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King was performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra with contributions from the choirs: the London Voices and the London Oratory School Schola boy’s choir.
The album was certified gold in the U.S. and the U.K. and won two Academy Awards® for Best Original Score and for Best Original Song with “Into the West” performed by Annie Lennox; two Golden Globe Awards® for Best Original Score and Song; and two Grammy Awards® for Best Score Soundtrack Album and Song Written for a Motion Picture.
"There’s probably never been as ambitious a film score as Howard Shore’s 10-hour epic for the “Lord of the Rings” series… the music is rich and complex, drawing on a vast range of styles and exotic instruments to evoke J.R.R. Tolkien’s world of elves, hobbits and warlocks… Shore uses an elaborate leitmotif technique (where musical themes are associated with specific characters or ideas, and are developed across the entire series) to hold the sprawling tale together. Lush, beautiful and full of intriguing surprises, it’s no wonder that it’s become one of the most popular film scores ever written." (Stephen Brookes for the Washington Post)
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.