Beethoven: Symphonies Nos 1-9 & Overtures Herbert von Karajan & Philharmonia Orchestra
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827): Symphony No. 1 in C Major, Op. 21
- 1I. Adagio molto - Allegro con brio07:32
- 2II. Andante cantabile con moto06:16
- 3III. Menuetto & Trio - Allegro molto e vivace03:45
- 4IV. Adagio - Allegro molto e vivace05:46
- Symphony No. 2 in D Major, Op. 36
- 5I. Adagio molto - Allegro con brio10:44
- 6II. Larghetto10:38
- 7III. Scherzo & Trio - Allegro03:43
- 8IV. Allegro molto06:38
- 9Overture No. 3 in C Major, Op. 72b14:57
- Symphony No.3 in E-Flat Major, Op. 55 'Eroica'
- 10I. Allegro con brio14:37
- 11II. Marcia funebre - Adagio assai16:28
- 12III. Scherzo & Trio - Allegro vivace05:45
- 13IV Allegro molto - Poco andante - Presto11:59
- Symphony No. 8 in F Major, Op. 93
- 14I. Allegro vivace e con brio09:02
- 15II. Allegretto scherzando03:55
- 16III. Tempo di menuetto05:50
- 17IV. Allegro vivace07:35
- Symphony No. 4 in B-Flat Major, Op. 60
- 18I. Adagio - Allegro vivace10:56
- 19II. Adagio11:14
- 20III. Menuetto - Allegro vivace - Trio - Un poco meno allegro06:00
- 21IV. Allegro ma non troppo05:58
- Symphony No. 5 in C Minor, Op. 67
- 22I. Allegro con brio07:19
- 23II. Andante con moto09:43
- 24III. Allegro04:58
- 25IV. Allegro - Presto08:58
- Coriolan, Op. 62
- 26Overture in E Minor09:08
- Symphony No. 6 in F Major, Op. 68 Pastoral
- 27I. Allegro ma non troppo - Awakening of happy feelings on arriving in the country09:20
- 28II. Andante molto mosso - By the brook12:10
- 29III. Allegro - sempre più stretto - In tempo d'allegro - Tempo I - Presto - Merry gathering of the country folk03:02
- 30IV. Allegro - Thunder and storm03:33
- 31V. Allegretto - Shepherds' song, Happy and thankful feelings after the Storm09:30
- Symphony No. 7 in A Major, Op. 92
- 32I. Poco sostenuto - Vivace12:45
- 33II. Allegretto09:08
- 34III. Presto - Assai meno presto08:41
- 35IV. Allegro con brio07:03
- 36Overture in F Minor, Op. 8408:38
- Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op.125 Choral
- 37I. Allegro ma non troppo, un poco maestoso15:08
- 38II. Molto vivace - Presto - Molto vivace - Presto10:10
- 39III. Adagio molto e cantabile - Andante moderato16:04
- 40IV. Presto - Allegro assai - Prestissimo, (Ode to Joy)24:13
- Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op.125, Choral
- 41I. Allegro ma non troppo, un poco maestoso (1955 - Experimental audio)15:04
- 42II. Molto vivace - Presto - Molto vivace - Presto (1955 - Experimental audio)10:16
- 43III. Adagio molto e cantabile - Andante moderato (1955 - Experimental audio)15:59
- 44IV. Presto - Allegro assai - Prestissimo, (Ode to Joy) - (1955 - Experimental audio)24:13
Info for Beethoven: Symphonies Nos 1-9 & Overtures
The Karajan Official Remastered Edition contains official remastering of the finest recordings the Austrian conductor made for EMI between 1946 and 1984, which are now a jewel of the Warner Classics catalog.
For many, Herbert von Karajan (1908-1989) hailed early in his career as Das Wunder Karajan (The Karajan Miracle) and known in the early 1960s as the music director of Europe remains the ultimate embodiment of the maestro. The release of the Karajan Official Remastered Edition over the first half of 2014 marks the 25th anniversary of the conductors death in July 1989 at the age of 81.
He was closely associated with EMI for the majority of his recording career (specifically from 1946 to 1960 and then again from 1969 to 1984). EMIs legendary producer Walter Legge sought him out in Vienna just after World War II and the long relationship that ensued embraced recordings with the Vienna Philharmonic, the Philharmonia (the orchestra founded by Legge), the Berlin Philharmonic (of which Karajan became conductor for life in 1955), La Scala, Milan, and the Orchestre de Paris.
Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra
Herbert von Karajan, conductor
Recorded between 1952 and June 1955 at Kingsway Hall, London (Except 9th in Vienna)
Produced by Walter Legge
No albums found.
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.