Misterioso 'Recorded On Tour' (Remastered) Thelonious Monk
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- 1Well, You Needn't (Live at Brandeis University)07:43
- 2Misterioso (Live at Lincoln Center)09:52
- 3Light Blue (Live at Newport Jazz Festival)05:37
- 4I'm Gettin' Sentimental Over You (Live at Jazz Workshop)05:40
- 5All the Things You Are (Live at Jazz Workshop)06:42
- 6Honeysuckle Rose (Live at The Village Gate)04:38
- 7Bemsha Swing (Live at The Village Gate)04:06
- 8Evidence (Live in Tokyo)07:52
Info for Misterioso 'Recorded On Tour' (Remastered)
Misterioso (Recorded on Tour) is a live album by Thelonious Monk. Not to be confused with the other Monk album of the name Misterioso, this one is a live set (which is maybe why they put "recorded on tour" in the title!) – done in quartet format with Charlie Rouse, and either Larry Gales or Butch Warren on bass, and either Ben Riley or Frank Dunlap on drums. Tracks are short, but well executed – and Rouse, as always, is a delight. Titles include "Evidence", "Bemsha Swing", "All The Things You Are", "Light Blue", and "Well You Needn't"
Thelonious Monk, piano
Charlie Rouse, tenor saxophone
Butch Warren, bass (on tracks 2, 3, 8)
Frank Dunlop, drums (on tracks 2, 3, 8)
Larry Gales, bass (on tracks 1, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Ben Riley, drums (on tracks 1, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Recorded on tour 1963-5 including Brandeis University, Lincoln Centre, Newport Jazz festival, Jazz Workshop SF, The Village Gate, and Tokyo Japan
Produced by Teo Macero
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.