Hip Hop After All Guts
- 1Hip Hop First of All03:11
- 2Open Wide (feat. Lorine Chia)03:39
- 3The Forgotten (Don###t Look Away) [feat. Quelle Chris & Denmark Vessey]03:56
- 4Go for Mine (feat. Tanya Morgan)03:09
- 5As the World Turns (feat. Rah Digga & Akua Naru)03:05
- 6Man Funk (feat. Leron Thomas)03:54
- 7A Glimpse of Hope02:44
- 8Forever My Love (feat. Grand Puba)04:17
- 9It###s Like That (feat. Dillon Cooper)03:34
- 10Want It Back (feat. Patrice & The School Voices NYC)03:32
- 11Enlighten (feat. Cody Chesnutt & Murs)03:16
- 12We Are All Africans04:19
- 13Innovation (feat. Masta Ace)04:10
- 14Come Alive (feat. Lorine Chia)03:49
- 15Looking for the Perfect Rhodes05:38
- 16Roses (feat. Leron Thomas)04:02
Info for Hip Hop After All
The profile of French producer Guts has grown steadily in recent years and he is now considered to be one of the leading producers in France and a recognized name on the European beats scene. ‘Hip Hop After All’ features an array of stellar MCs and vocalists, including Grand Puba, Masta Ace and Cody Chestnutt. Double LP gatefold sleeve with insert & download card, exclusive content for the download card. His hit "Brand New Revolution" was played by many radio stations worldwide and was used in Grand Theft Auto V. His compilation series ‘Beach Diggin' is now a reference point for summer and quality music in general.
After three instrumental albums, Guts decided to come back to his Hip Hop roots (he created the French rap band Alliance Ethnik in the 90's) and invited quality MCs and singers to join him in the studio. You can find on this album, Hip Hop legends such as Grand Puba, Masta Ace, Bob Power, Rah Digga, plus singers such as Cody Chestnutt, Patrice and a batch of new talent - Leron Thomas, Lorine Chia, Quelle Chris & Denmark Vessey and Dillon Cooper.
Without hip-hop, Guts wouldn’t be half the producer he is today. Hip-hop as inspiration, a gateway to so many different musical styles, the trigger for a continually expanding musical bulimia, the springboard from which he dived into a bottomless musical well.
Hip-hop – which has been Guts’ true love for the last 25 years, despite its taking futile, gangsta and materialistic paths. Hip-hop – which in quarter of a century has driven him to spend whole nights with samplers, drum machines, expanders and vinyl, tapping on pads, adjusting the drums and honing his samples. Hip-hop – which is often done remotely nowadays by sending digital files back and forth.
Guts has opted to make it shine like when it was all brand new, decided after three entirely instrumental albums to re-establish contact with rappers, vocalists, jazz players and soul men by packing up his productions and heading across the Atlantic to record them in their home surroundings in New York and California. Backed up on production by the inexhaustible DJ Fab (Hip Hop Resistance) and supported from Paris by his label Heavenly Sweetness (“A French label spreading colourful music for the soul”), Guts explores a host of styles, flows and atmospheres to build up a mosaic of 16 tracks, each nestling inside the other to form a single concept: Hip Hop After All.