Phibbs & Mozart: Clarinet Concertos Mark van de Wiel, Philharmonia Orchestra, London Chamber Orchestra, Christopher Warren-Green
- Joseph Phibbs (b. 1974): Clarinet Concerto:
- 1Clarinet Concerto: I. Adagio – Allegro moderato06:47
- 2Clarinet Concerto: I. Cadenza02:58
- 3Clarinet Concerto: II. Allegro molto06:08
- 4Clarinet Concerto: III. Adagio03:50
- 5Clarinet Concerto: IV. Moderato – Doppio movimento06:46
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791): Clarinet Concerto in A Major, K. 622:
- 6Clarinet Concerto in A Major, K. 622: I. Allegro12:37
- 7Clarinet Concerto in A Major, K. 622: II. Adagio06:52
- 8Clarinet Concerto in A Major, K. 622: III. Rondo. Allegro08:44
Info for Phibbs & Mozart: Clarinet Concertos
Mark van de Wiel joins the Philharmonia Orchestra under Christopher Warren-Green in the premiere recording of Joseph Phibbs’ Clarinet Concerto, praised by The Sunday Times following its UK debut as a work “that will surely be performed all over the world”. Following a long friendship between composer and soloist, Phibbs and van de Wiel collaborated to create this stunning and virtuosic new work for the clarinet and orchestra, which features a thrilling cadenza at the end of the first movement. It is paired with a scintillating live concert-recording of Mozart’s timeless Concerto for Basset Clarinet in A Major, K. 622, performed with the London Chamber Orchestra.
London Chamber Orchestra
Mark van de Wiel, clarinet, bass clarinet
Christopher Warren-Green, conductor
No albums found.
No biography found.