Chopin Recital, Vol. 3 Janina Fialkowska
- Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849):
- 1Polonaise No. 7 in A-Flat Major, Op. 61, "Polonaise-fantaisie"12:04
- 23 Nocturnes, Op. 9: Nocturne No. 3 in B Major, Op. 9, No. 306:21
- 33 Nocturnes, Op. 15: Nocturne No. 5 in F-Sharp Major, Op. 15, No. 203:39
- 4Impromptu No. 3 in G-Flat Major, Op. 5104:48
- 52 Waltzes, Op. 69: Waltz No. 10 in B Minor, Op. 69, No. 204:23
- 6Waltz in A-Flat Major, Op. 42: Waltz No. 5 in A-Flat Major, Op. 4203:47
- 7Scherzo No. 4 in E Major, Op. 5410:53
- 824 Préludes, Op. 28: No. 14 in E-Flat Minor00:25
- 924 Préludes, Op. 28: No. 15 in D-Flat Major, "Raindrop"05:27
- 10Ballade No. 4 in F Minor, Op. 5210:25
Info for Chopin Recital, Vol. 3
On December 15, 1842, Frederic Chopin wrote to Breitkopf and Haertel, his publishers in Leipzig, offering them a newly composed Ballade and a Scherzo, and mentioning a new Impromptu. The pieces involved were the 4th Scherzo, the 4th Ballade, and the 3rd Impromptu, without a doubt three of the composer’s greatest works.
Janina Fialkowska’s third Chopin Recital album is built around these late works. Also included is Chopin’s final major work, the Polonaise-Fantaisie, a piece which stirs up wild and wishful speculations over the direction in which his compositional genius was heading before his fragile life came to its tragically premature end. For over forty years, concert pianost Janina Fialkowska has enchanted audiences and critics around the world. She has been praised for her musical integrity, her refreshing natural approach and her unique piano sound thus becoming “one of the Grandes Dames of piano playing.” Her discography includes many award-winning albums, including the BBC Music Magazine’s 2013 “Instrumental CD of the Year” award for Chopin Recital 2.
Janina Fialkowska, piano
No biography found.