Floyd: Wuthering Heights Florentine Opera Company
- Carlisle Floyd (1926)
- 1Act I: Prologue. It Is Lockwood11:58
- 2Act I: Scene 1, Where Is Heathcliff?12:21
- 3Act I: Scene 2, As for the Man Who Is Weak in Faith13:46
- 4Act II: Scene 1, She's Here, Healthcliff14:58
- 5Act II: Interlude02:37
- 6Act II: Scene 2, Nelly, Help Me Get in This Dress!14:08
- 7Act II: Scene 2, Call Me Cathy11:22
- 8Act III: Scene 1, Do You Know24:53
- 9Act III: Scene 2, Oh, It's You, Miss18:47
- 10Act III: Scene 3, Here Is a Turkey's Feather14:28
Info for Floyd: Wuthering Heights
The operas of Carlisle Floyd are some of the most performed of living American opera composers. This is the world premiere recording of Floyd’s opera, Wuthering Heights, which was first performed in 1958 by the Santa Fe Opera, but has never been recorded until now. This recording was made by the Florentine Opera in January 2015, with the composer acting as artistic advisor. Carlisle Floyd, who will turn 90 in June 2016, is still composing new operas, his newest presented by Houston Grand Opera in March 2016.
“With his music, the composer opens up emotional depths which cannot be experienced just by reading or watching… With the rich possibilities of extended tonality, Floyd finds an astringent, strongly expressive melodic style, subtly differentiated harmony, ingenious rhythms and a richly colored soundworld.” (Neues Deutschland)
Florentine Opera Company
Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
Joseph Mechavich, conductor
No albums found.
No biography found.