Debussy: Works for Piano Bernt Wilhelmsson
- Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918): Estampes, L. 100:
- 1Estampes, L. 100: No. 1, Pagodes05:14
- 2Estampes, L. 100: No. 2, La soirée dans Grenade05:16
- 3Estampes, L. 100: No. 3, Jardins sous la pluie03:42
- Images, Book 1, L. 110:
- 4Images, Book 1, L. 110: No. 1, Reflets dans l'eau05:19
- 5Images, Book 1, L. 110: No. 2, Hommage à Rameau06:38
- 6Images, Book 1, L. 110: No. 3, Mouvement03:36
- Images, Book 2, L. 111:
- 7Images, Book 2, L. 111: No. 1, Cloches à travers les feuilles04:57
- 8Images, Book 2, L. 111: No. 2, Et la lune descend sur le temple qui fut05:27
- 9Images, Book 2, L. 111: No. 3, Poissons d'or04:00
- Suite bergamasque, L. 75:
- 10Suite bergamasque, L. 75: I. Prélude04:29
- 11Suite bergamasque, L. 75: II. Menuet04:23
- 12Suite bergamasque, L. 75: III. Clair de lune05:44
- 13Suite bergamasque, L. 75: IV. Passepied03:53
Info for Debussy: Works for Piano
Claude Debussy's four master pieces- Estampes, Images 1, Images 2 and Suite Bergamasque- are assembled in a new recording by the Swedish pianist Bernt Wilhelmsson. Bernt Wilhelmsson made his solo debut with The Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra in 1997 and is now internationally active. He grew up on the island of Orust along the West Coast of Sweden, surrounded by barren nature and the ocean, and has always felt a fascination and closeness to Debussy's dreamlike piano music with its descriptions of nature. "Debussy's music is a treasure I carry with me, that has enriched my musical life in an immeasurable way with its fantasy, colorfulness and poetic tone language."Bernt Wilhelmsson has a Soloist Diploma from The Academy of Music and Drama in Gothenburg, where he is now Associate Professor in piano and musical interpretation. He has been touring the US, South America and Europe as a soloist and chamber musician. Bernt has also recorded the album "Swedish Piano Romanticism" containing Swedish piano music by Wilhelm Stenhammar and Emil Sjögren.
Bernt Wilhelmsson, piano
grew up on the island of Orust in western Sweden. He made a widely acclaimed debut 1997 with The Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra, playing Beethovens fifth piano concerto "Emperor".
Concert engagements have taken him to The United States, Canada, France, The United Kingdom, Norway, Denmark, Iceland and The Baltic States and he has made several recordings for the Swedish Radio and also for the Estonian and Latvian Radio Corporations.
Bernt holds a post graduate degree in piano performance from The University College of Music in Gothenburg, where he studied with Professor Stefan Bojsten and a teaching degree from the Ingesund College of Music. He has also studied privately with Professor Irina Zaritzkaya in London and Professor Hans Leygraf.
Bernt is a frequent recitalist, he often performs chamber music and is also an appreciated accompanist with among others, the Swedish singers Susanna Levonen and Camilla Tilling. He has received numerous awards from The Royal Academy of Music in Stockholm. Bernt holds a teaching position at The University Collage of Music in Gothenburg.
This album contains no booklet.