Postcards The King's Singers
- 1Feller from Fortune (arr. B. Chilcott for vocal ensemble)03:14
- 2Le Bayiere (arr. G. Richards for vocal ensemble)03:05
- 3Arrirang (arr. B. Chilcott for vocal ensemble)03:00
- 4Pokarekare Ana (arr. K. Roberts for vocal ensemble)04:42
- 5The Oak and the Ash (arr. G. Langford for vocal ensemble)03:10
- 6Nel blu dipinto di blu (In the Sky, Painted Blue) (arr. R. Rice for vocal ensemble)04:34
- 7Tuoll on mun kultani (arr. B. Chilcott for vocal ensemble)02:53
- 8Botany Bay (arr. R. Rice for vocal ensemble)03:09
- 9Pasional (arr. M. Esteban for vocal ensemble)03:57
- 10Tico Tico no Fuba (arr. M. Esteban for vocal ensemble)02:49
- 11Es dunkelt schon in der Heide (arr. G. Langford for vocal ensemble)03:22
- 12The Star of the County Down (arr. H. Goodall for vocal ensemble)03:53
- 13My Love Is Like a Red, Red Rose (arr. S. Carrington for vocal ensemble)03:41
- 14Jeg gik mig ud en sommerdag (arr. R. Rice for vocal ensemble)03:43
- 15El Vito (arr. M. Esteban for vocal ensemble)02:50
- 16Contigo Aprendi (arr. M. Esteban for vocal ensemble)03:19
- 17Zai na yao yuan de di fang (The Girl At the Faraway Place) (arr. P. Lawson for vocal ensemble)02:10
- 18Suo Gan (arr. R. Rice for vocal ensemble)03:47
- 19Lalela Zulu: No. 5. Egoli03:12
- 20Little David play on your harp (arr. K. Roberts for vocal ensemble)01:48
- 21Esti dal (Evening song)02:56
- 22Mein kleiner gruner Kaktus (arr. D. Runswick for vocal ensemble)02:32
Info for Postcards
The King’s Singers explore the folk songs and melodies of the world in a new programme entitled Postcards. In their own words:
“In our travels we have amassed a wonderful collection of folksongs and popular songs from numerous countries, many of which we use as encores when we visit. The influences and sources are extraordinarily far-ranging, and each song has its own local characteristics. To celebrate the diversity of music that we perform and the numerous countries we visit each concert season, we have recorded an album of some of our favourite folksongs from around the world.” (The King’s Singers)
"Typically immaculate performances of songs collected by the King’s Singers on their global travels, and used as encores. Velvet vocal blending is a given, and mellifluous arrangements." BBC Music Magazine, January 2015
The King’s Singers
The King's Singers
Acclaimed worldwide for their virtuosity, life-affirming energy and charm, The King’s Singers are in global demand. Their work, synonymous with the very best in vocal ensemble performance, appeals to a vast international audience. Performing to hundreds of thousands of people each season, the group tours regularly to Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australasia. Instantly recognisable for their immaculate intonation, vocal blend, diction and incisive timing, The King’s Singers are consummate entertainers.
The group’s repertoire has evolved to become one of the most diverse and compelling imaginable. The King’s Singers have commissioned over 200 works, including landmark pieces from leading contemporary composers including Luciano Berio, György Ligeti, Sir James MacMillan, Krzysztof Penderecki, Toru Takemitsu, Sir John Tavener, Gabriela Lena Frank and Eric Whitacre. They have also commissioned arrangements of everything from jazz standards to pop chart hits, explored medieval motets and Renaissance madrigals, and encouraged young composers to write new scores.
In addition to performing to capacity audiences and creating highly regarded and much-loved recordings, The King’s Singers share their artistry through numerous workshops and masterclasses around the world. In June 2017, the group will host their inaugural U.S. Summer School at DePauw University, Indiana and in July 2017 will return for their 3rd U.K. Summer School at Royal Holloway (part of the University of London) where they are also Ensemble in Residence. Among the work supported by The King’s Singers Foundation, A Carol for Christmas is a composition competition that seeks to encourage young and up-coming composers, giving the winners the chance for their piece to be performed in King’s College Chapel (Cambridge, UK).
Double Grammy® award-winning artists, the group were honoured in 2009 for their Signum Classics release, Simple Gifts, and again in 2012 for their contribution to Eric Whitacre’s Light and Gold album on Universal/Decca. Recently voted into Gramophone Hall of Fame, rave reviews and repeated sell-out concerts confirm that The King’s Singers remain one of the world’s finest vocal ensembles.
This album contains no booklet.