Kaprálová: Complete Piano Music Giorgio Koukl
- Vítězslava Kaprálová (1915 - 1940): Sonata appasionata, Op. 6:
- 1I. Maestoso. Appassionato07:58
- 2II. Theme and variations: Theme: Andante semplice00:35
- 3II. Theme and variations: Variation 1: Più mosso00:35
- 4II. Theme and variations: Variation 2: Scherzando00:30
- 5II. Theme and variations: Variation 3: Con moto01:07
- 6II. Theme and variations: Variation 4: Vivace01:03
- 7II. Theme and variations: Variation 5: Largo01:38
- 8II. Theme and variations: Variation 6: Vivo05:19
- 9Praeludium, Op. 9, No. 104:39
- 10Crab Canon, Op. 9, No. 201:44
- 11Grotesque Passacaglia02:34
- 5 Piano Compositions:
- 12No. 1. Maestoso01:30
- 13No. 2. Cantabile-moderato01:08
- 14No. 3. Andante con moto01:31
- 15No. 4. Tempo di menuetto02:43
- 16No. 5. Alla marcia funebre06:15
- Dubnová Preludia, Op. 13:
- 17No. 1. Allegro ma non troppo02:08
- 18No. 2. Andante03:08
- 19No. 3. Andante semplice01:42
- 20No. 4. Vivo02:08
- 21Variations sur le carillon de l'église St-Étienne-du-Mont, Op. 16: Theme - Variation 1: Poco vivo01:38
- 22Variation 2: Allegretto00:36
- 23Variation 3: Lento, ma non troppo01:08
- 24Variation 4: Quasi etude-vivo00:45
- 25Variation 5: Choral01:34
- 26Variation 6: Allegro e coda02:18
- 272 Dances for Piano, Op. 23: No. 1 (reconstructed by G. Koukl)03:11
- 282 Bouquets of Flowers: No. 1. Kytička fialek (Small Bouquet of Violets)00:41
- 292 Bouquets of Flowers: No. 2. Podzimní listí (Autumn Leaves)00:55
- 30Písnička (Little Song)01:18
- 31Ostinato Fox01:06
- 32Slavnostní Fanfára (Festive Fanfare)00:24
Info for Kaprálová: Complete Piano Music
Although they number approximately eighty out of a total of over four hundred works, Martinů’s compositions for solo piano have long been overshadowed by his orchestral and chamber music. This first release in the Naxos complete Martinů piano music edition features works written mainly during the composer’s residence in Paris between 1920 and 1938, then the focal point for many experimental trends in music. Martinů’s desire to expand his developing compositional style can be heard on this disc in works as diverse as Three Sketches, influenced by American popular dance and jazz idioms, the impressionistic Fenêtre sur le jardin and Dance Sketches, a series of strikingly individual pieces whose rhythms recall Dvořák, Stravinsky, and Martinů’s mentor, Roussel.
Giorgio Koukl, piano
is a pianist/harpsichordist and composer who resides in the beautiful town of Lugano, located in the italian-speaking canton of Ticino in southern Switzerland. He was born in Prague, Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic) in 1953, and studied there at the State Music School and Conservatoire. In 1968 he moved to Switzerland and continued his studies at both the Conservatories of Zürich and Milan (Italy). During this time, he took part in the masterclasses of N. Magalov, J. Fèvrier, R. Firkusny and S. Neuhaus.
Giorgio Koukl is the Prizewinner of many International Music Competitions including those of Ciudad Ibaguè (Colombia), Tolosa (Spain), Viotti (Italy), the H.Rahn competition (Switzerland) and the Aliènor Competition (Washington DC, USA). A truly international performer and composer, Mr. Koukl has given many recitals and concerto performances. His compositions have received first performances in many major European cities, in Asia, and in the United States.
Frequently broadcast both as soloist and a composer, Mr. Koukl has collaborated in all his capacities with such organizations as the BBC London, RTSI Lugano, SRG Zürich, SSR Genève, SFB Berlin, SWF Baden-Baden, WDR Köln, RTHK Hong-Kong, CR Prague, Radio Malta, Radio Vatican, ORF Vienna, NRC Oslo and SF Stuttgart.
Giorgio Koukl is a member of Mensa International. He has recorded for Naxos, ALI Prague, Da Camera Mannheim, Nuova Era Torino, Altri Suoni Lugano, Dynamic Genova, Gasparo USA, and Aulia/Mondo musica-Munich.
This album contains no booklet.