Szymanowski, Panufnik & Penderecki: String Quartets ãtma Quartet
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Karol Szymanowski (1882 - 1937): String Quartet No. 2, Op. 56, M64:
- 1String Quartet No. 2, Op. 56, M64: I. Moderato, dolce e tranquillo07:18
- 2String Quartet No. 2, Op. 56, M64: II. Vivace scherzando04:29
- 3String Quartet No. 2, Op. 56, M64: III. Lento05:47
- Andrzej Panufnik (1914 - 1991): String Quartet No. 3 "Paper-Cuts":
- 4String Quartet No. 3 "Paper-Cuts": I. Lento moderato02:01
- 5String Quartet No. 3 "Paper-Cuts": II. Andantino rubato02:40
- 6String Quartet No. 3 "Paper-Cuts": III. Allegretto scherzando01:42
- 7String Quartet No. 3 "Paper-Cuts": IV. Prestissimo possibile01:28
- 8String Quartet No. 3 "Paper-Cuts": V. Adagio sostenuto02:42
- Krzysztof Penderecki (b. 1933):
- 9String Quartet No. 3 "Leaves of an Unwritten Diary"18:00
Info for Szymanowski, Panufnik & Penderecki: String Quartets
Atma Quartet writes: The idea for recording this album emerged from the need to capture what we believe has been artistically unique in our two-year-long work together. When selecting the pieces, we wished them to become a coherent musical space, such that we would feel comfortable to be in and such that it might coincide with our musical sensitivity. Owing to the fact that it is our debut album, and we are a Polish quartet, we opted for works by Polish composers: Karol Szymanowski, Krzysztof Penderecki and Andrzej Panufnik. Each composition recorded here was written at a different time, and each had originally been conceived with a different set of ideas in mind. And yet, we hope to have found something that all three have in common. It is the courage with which bold, novel compositional concepts are implemented on the one hand, and the enthralling vitality of Polish folklore that lies at the core of our cultural heritage on the other.
Atma Quartet: Katarzyna Gluza, 1st violin [1-3,9], 2nd violin [4-8]
Paulina Marcisz, 2nd violin [1-3,9], 1st violin [4-8]
Karalina Orsik-Sauter, viola
Dominika Szczypka, cello
No albums found.
No biography found.