Skye Consort & Emma Björling Skye Consort & Emma Björling
- 1Herr Hillebrand04:21
- 2Om berg och dalar / Polska efter Alfred Nillson05:06
- 3Cast Iron Stove04:02
- 4The Banks of the Sweet Primroses03:24
- 5Late Night Poetry02:32
- 6En ängel04:09
- 7La femme du soldat / Soldatfrun04:18
- 8Nordic Love Songs: Jeg lagde meg så silde / De rosor och de blader / Jag vet en dejlig rosa07:10
- 9Var det du eller var det jag03:33
- 10The Skunk / Thick as Thieves04:38
- 11The Old Man from over the Sea / Paddy Fahey’s Jig / Reel du lourd portage04:28
- 12Sjung i stilla morgonstunder03:24
- 13Coppers & Brass / Kemo’s Jig03:20
- 14May the Road02:12
Info for Skye Consort & Emma Björling
Skye Consort & Emma Björling perform a mix of traditional music from Québec, Sweden, Norway, and Celtic music. Each musician brings their own interpretation to these traditions, creating this awesome collaboration, consisting of voices, fiddle, nyckelharpa, cello, and cittern. The result is an assortment of whirling polskas, groovy reels, passionate love songs, breathtaking hymns, and original compositions. Skye Consort met during a La Nef project in 2017 and with the serendipitous cancellation of a flight decided to form a band. Skye Consort has been accompanying singers since 2000 and has recorded 5 albums with singers such as Matthew White, Shannon Mercer and Michael Slattery. Emma Björling, on lead voice and shruti box is an award-winning Swedish singer, composer, arranger, active in the renowned Scandinavian bands Kongero and Lyy.
Emma Björling, voice, percussion, shruti box
Amanda Keesmaat, cello
Alex Kehler, nyckelharpa, violin
Seán Dagher, bouzouki, voice, banjo
No albums found.
No biography found.