Continent's End Buffy Baggott, Kevin Korth
- Christopher Anderson-Bazzoli (b. 1969): Continent's End:
- 1Continent's End: No. 1, Granite and Cypress03:51
- 2Continent's End: No. 2, Natural Music02:46
- 3Continent's End: No. 3, October Evening02:00
- 4Continent's End: No. 4, Continent's End06:23
- 5Continent's End: No. 5, Fire on the Hills02:28
- 6Continent's End: No. 6, Distant Rainfall03:26
- 7Continent's End: No. 7, Science03:26
- 8Continent's End: No. 8, Rock and Hawk03:43
- 9Continent's End: No. 9, Evening Ebb05:15
Info for Continent's End
While Robinson Jeffers (1887-1962) is one of America’s most important 20th-century poets, relatively few composers have set his lean, emotive and enigmatic verses.
Composer Christopher Anderson-Bazzoli, like Jeffers a Californian with deep ties to the Monterey-Carmel area, has met the challenge with his expansive song cycle Continent’s End. The work successfully captures nine poems in which Jeffers, in characteristic fashion, combined striking nature imagery with powerful metaphysical musings and depictions of humankind’s transitory, conflicted role in the planet’s future.
Continent’s End is vividly brought to life on this recording by two outstanding performers who call the Bay Area home — mezzo-soprano Buffy Baggott and pianist Kevin Korth.
This song cycle was commissioned by the Robinson Jeffers Association with additional support from the Center for Cultural Innovation.
Buffy Baggott, mezzo-soprano
Kevin Korth, piano
No albums found.
No biography found.