Lorenzani: Nicandro e Fileno Le Nouvel Opéra, Les Boréades de Montréal & Francis Colpron
- Paolo Lorenzani (1640 - 1713): Nicandro e Fileno, Act I:
- 1Nicandro e Fileno, Act I: Overture03:11
- 2Nicandro e Fileno, Act I: Che cura molesta!08:13
- 3Nicandro e Fileno, Act I: Guida mi pure amor02:27
- 4Nicandro e Fileno, Act I: Vagha Ninfa dei cori05:18
- 5Nicandro e Fileno, Act II: Nel mio core amante02:33
- 6Nicandro e Fileno, Act II: Alma mia godi, e festeggia01:31
- 7Nicandro e Fileno, Act I: Ecco l'infido03:38
- Nicandro e Fileno, Act II:
- 8Nicandro e Fileno, Act II: Amor! Se nel tuo regno02:38
- 9Nicandro e Fileno, Act II: Con inviti lusinghieri04:07
- 10Nicandro e Fileno, Act II: Porto in seno un Mongibello04:28
- 11Nicandro e Fileno, Act II: Cieli, che leggè e questa?02:04
- Nicandro e Fileno, Act III:
- 12Nicandro e Fileno, Act III: E cosi và Nicandro03:21
- 13Nicandro e Fileno, Act III: Benche doppio stral mi punga01:22
- 14Nicandro e Fileno, Act III: Filli è l'anima mia01:23
- 15Nicandro e Fileno, Act III: Io per Lidio parlerò03:13
- 16Nicandro e Fileno, Act III: Fermati ingrato amante - Lassa che far degg'io08:46
- 17Nicandro e Fileno, Act III: Alternate i suoni, e i canti02:56
- 18Nicandro e Fileno, Act III: Chaconne04:01
Info for Lorenzani: Nicandro e Fileno
Le Nouvel Opéra and Les Boréades de Montréal have assembled an exceptional group of artists for the first-ever recording of Nicandro e Fileno, a pastoral opera by Paolo Lorenzani (1640-1713) first performed in 1681 before Louis XIV at the palace of Fontainebleau.
The manuscript is conserved in the Bibliothèque nationale in Paris. Canadian musicologist Albert La France prepared the critical edition of Nicandro e Fileno for the Centre de Musique Baroque de Versailles. Thanks to the initiative of Suzie LeBlanc and Francis Colpron, this opera was restored to life for this recording and for the 2017 performance in Montreal, with stage direction by Marie-Nathalie Lacoursière.
Le Nouvel Opéra is dedicated to the revival of the first operas of the Baroque period. Intergrating music, dance and theatre in its productions, the company has been praised for its originality and historical expertise in Canada and abroad. Its first CD, La Conversione di Clodoveo by Antonio Caldara, was released on the ATMA Classique label.
The ensemble Les Boréades was founded in 1991 by Francis Colpron, and specializes in performing Baroque repertoire with an approach that is authentic both in terms of period performance practice and the use of period instruments.
Suzie LeBlanc, soprano
Pascale Beaudin, soprano
Philippe Gagne, tenor
Nils Brown, tenor
Dominic Cote, baritone
Jean-Marc Salzmann, baritone
Francis Colpron, direction
No albums found.
No biography found.