Gibbons: Fancies for the Viols L'Achéron and François Joubert-Caillet
- Orlando Gibbons (1583 - 1625): Fancies for the Viols:
- 1Fantasia in G Minor à 6 (1)10:11
- 2Fantasia in D Minor à 3 (1)01:47
- 3In nomine in D Minor à 504:27
- 4Fantasia in G Minor à 202:29
- 5Fantasia in F Major à 202:35
- 6Fantasia in D Minor à 3 (2)05:30
- 7Galliard in G Minor à 301:04
- 8Fantasia in G Minor à 6 (2)05:00
- 9Fantasia in D Minor à 3 (3)02:33
- 10Pavan in G Major à 604:29
- 11Galliard in G Major à 602:45
- 12Fantasia in D Minor à 3 (4)05:06
- 13Fantasia in D Minor à 205:06
- 14In nomine in G Minor à 605:01
- 15Fantasia in C Major à 405:25
- 16Fantasia in G Minor à 303:26
- 17Fantasia in D Minor à 604:23
- 18Go from My Window05:16
Info for Gibbons: Fancies for the Viols
Orlando Gibbons (1583-1625) was one of the most complete musicians of the Elizabethan era. He made talented contributions to every genre of vocal and instrumental music. In the domain of the fantasia for viols, he wrote for numerous combinations of between two and six instruments and elaborated endlessly inventive formal structures, in which traces of Italianism are by no means absent.
L’Achéron offers us a wide selection from this repertory, which it has recorded on viols based on early seventeenth-century English.
Francois Joubert-Caillet, viol
No albums found.
No biography found.