Rubinstein: Piano Concertos Nos. 3 & 5 Anna Shelest, Estonian National Symphony Orchestra & Neeme Järvi
Label: Sorel Classics
Composer: Arthur Rubinstein
Album including Album cover Booklet (PDF)
- Anton Rubinstein (1829 - 1894): Piano Concerto No. 3 in G Major, Op. 45:
- 1Piano Concerto No. 3 in G Major, Op. 45: I. Moderato assai11:18
- 2Piano Concerto No. 3 in G Major, Op. 45: II. Andante06:03
- 3Piano Concerto No. 3 in G Major, Op. 45: III. Allegro12:25
- Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-Flat Major, Op. 94:
- 4Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-Flat Major, Op. 94: I. Allegro moderato19:32
- 5Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-Flat Major, Op. 94: II. Andante07:59
- 6Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-Flat Major, Op. 94: III. Allegro14:52
Info for Rubinstein: Piano Concertos Nos. 3 & 5
It is difficult to overstate the breadth of contribution of Anton Rubinstein to the development of the Russian culture in the 19th century. His multifaceted genius can be divided into three areas- Rubinstein the composer, the pianist, and the educator. In this first release in the series of recordings of his works for piano and orchestra, we focus on Rubinsteins role as an educator. The album brings into light the effect Rubinstein had on the advancement of the Russian musical style in the 19th and 20th centuries. Hailed by The New York Times as a pianist of a fiery sensibility and warm touch, Anna Shelest is an international award-winning pianist who has thrilled the audiences shes been in front of all over the world. Born in Ukraine, she began her studies at the age of six, and at the age of eleven she performed at the UNESCO headquarters in Paris. Her repertoire ranges from the Baroque to todays contemporary composers. She has a particular affinity for Russian piano literature. Having received her Masters Degree at The Juilliard School, Anna Shelest currently resides in New York City with her husband and two sons. The Orchestra Now is group of vibrant young musicians from across the globe who are making orchestral music relevant to 21st century audiences. Hand-picked from the worlds leading conservatories, the members of TON are not only thrilling audiences with their critically acclaimed performances, but also enlightening curious minds by giving on stage demonstrations.
Anna Shelest, piano
Estonian National Symphony Orchestra
Neeme Järvi, conductor
No albums found.
No biography found.