Paul Wranitzky: Symphonies Akademie für Alte Musik Berlin
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Paul Wranitzky (1756 - 1808): Oberon, König der Elfen:
- 1Wranitzky: Oberon, König der Elfen: Overture (Allegro molto)05:52
- Symphony in C Minor "La Paix", Op. 31/Postolka 12:
- 2Wranitzky: Symphony in C Minor "La Paix", Op. 31/Postolka 12: I. Andante maestoso - Allegro molto - Tempo di Marcia Più Maestoso Più Allegro - Tempo primo15:00
- 3Wranitzky: Symphony in C Minor "La Paix", Op. 31/Postolka 12: II. Adagio affetuoso08:05
- 4Wranitzky: Symphony in C Minor "La Paix", Op. 31/Postolka 12: III. Allegro04:12
- 5Wranitzky: Symphony in C Minor "La Paix", Op. 31/Postolka 12: IV. Andante grazioso - Allegro vivace09:40
- Symphony in D Major, Op. 36:
- 6Wranitzky: Symphony in D Major, Op. 36: I. Adagio - Allegro molto08:59
- 7Wranitzky: Symphony in D Major, Op. 36: II. Russe. Allegretto - Minore - Maggiore04:56
- 8Wranitzky: Symphony in D Major, Op. 36: III. Polonaise - Trio03:54
- 9Wranitzky: Symphony in D Major, Op. 36: IV. Finale. Largo - Rondo Allegro06:12
- 10Wranitzky: Symphony in D Minor "La Tempesta": I. Vivace06:58
- 11Wranitzky: Symphony in D Minor "La Tempesta": II. Adagio06:11
- 12Wranitzky: Symphony in D Minor "La Tempesta": III. Finale. Allegro con fuoco09:03
Info for Paul Wranitzky: Symphonies
The award-winning Akademie für Alte Musik Berlin celebrates its 40th anniversary in 2022 with "Paul Wranitzky: Symphonies".
The Süddeutsche Zeitung praises it as "one of the very great ensembles of its kind". Since its founding in 1982, the ensemble has been one of the world's leading chamber orchestras for historical music and has repeatedly demonstrated its versatility with exciting concert projects and musical voyages of discovery. The Akademie für Alte Musik Berlin also demonstrates this on its new album for German harmonia mundi, which is dedicated to the symphonies of one of the most influential composers of the First Viennese School: Paul Wranitzky (1756-1808). The unjustly forgotten Moravian-Austrian composer, conductor and violinist was highly esteemed by Mozart, Haydn and Beethoven. His opera "Oberon, King of the Fairies", for example, was the model for Mozart's "Magic Flute". The overture to the opera can be heard on the album as well as Wranitzky's Symphony in C minor op. 31 "Grande sinfonie caractéristique". The symphony, nicknamed "La Paix," is a captivating work that illustrates the wars following the French Revolution and is reminiscent of the march and battle music of the time.
Also to be heard is the Symphony in D Major, Op. 36, with its festive, heroic character. The Symphony in D minor "La Tempesta" is a tribute to the forces of nature with storm, rain, light and thunder, which are fantastically expressed in the demanding orchestration by the Akademie für Alte Musik Berlin.
Akademie für Alte Musik Berlin
Bernhard Forck, direction
No biography found.