A Tale Of Two Violas Peter Mallinson & Matthias Wiesner
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- J. S. Bach (1685 - 1750): Brandenburg Concerto No. 6:
- 1Brandenburg Concerto No. 6: Allegro (arr. Farrington)05:33
- 2Brandenburg Concerto No. 6: Adagio ma non tanto (arr. Farrington)05:45
- 3Brandenburg Concerto No. 6: Finale: Allegro (arr. Farrington)06:02
- Allegretto for Two Violas and Piano:
- 4Allegretto for Two Violas and Piano: Allegretto (arr. Tertis)03:26
- Frank Bridge (1879 - 1941): Caprice for Two Violas:
- 5Caprice for Two Violas: Caprice for Two Violas (ed. & coml. Rowland-Jones)04:48
- John Hawkins (1532 - 1595): At Two (2017):
- 6At Two (2017): I02:20
- 7At Two (2017): II05:11
- G. B. Vitali (1632 - 1692): Suite:
- 8Suite: Ballo (arr. Borisovsky)00:42
- 9Suite: I. Minuetto (arr. Borisowsky)00:46
- 10Suite: Balletto (arr. Borisowsky)00:51
- 11Suite: II. Minuetto (arr. Borisowsky)01:52
- 12Suite: Zoppa (arr. Borisowsky)00:56
- 13Suite: III. Minuetto (arr. Borisowsky)01:35
- 14Suite: Borea (arr. Borisowsky)00:48
- 15Suite: IV. Minuetto (arr. Borisowsky)01:51
- 16Suite: Gavotta (arr. Borisowsky)00:47
- 17Suite: Ballo (arr. Borisowsky)00:44
- John Dowland (1563 - 1626): Elizabethan Melody for Two Violas:
- 18Elizabethan Melody for Two Violas (arr. Tertis)04:11
- Lionel Tertis (1876 - 1975): Variations on a Passacaglia of Handel:
- 19Variations on a Passacaglia of Handel08:27
- Bedřich Benda: Sonata D Major:
- 20Sonata D Major: Allegro risoluto (arr. Borisowsky)05:35
- 21Sonata D Major: Fantasia: Recitativo - Andante (arr. Borisowsky)06:05
- 22Sonata D Major: Rondo: Allegro (arr. Borisowsky)03:10
Info for A Tale Of Two Violas
Music for two violas is one of the most underexplored media in the chamber repertoire. The tradition dates back to at least the early eighteenth century when J.S. Bach wrote his Brandenburg Concerto No.6. Over the intervening three hundred years many composers have been drawn into its distinctive sound-world. This CD, which includes works receiving their first commercial recording, focuses on twentieth-century repertoire influenced in one way or another by two great pioneers of the instrument: Lionel Tertis and Vadim Borisovsky. It ranges from the sublime Lament of Frank Bridge, himself a virtuoso player, to the thought-provoking Meditations of Edmund Rubbra, from Borisovsky's arrangements of such classics as Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet to the dramatic and deeply moving Sinfonia a Due of Fyodor Druzhinin, one of Borisovsky's most brilliant students. Music for Two Violas takes the listener on a journey of unforgettable musical discovery.
Peter Mallinson, viola
Evgenia Startseva, piano
Matthias Wiesner, viola
No albums found.
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.