Camillo Schumann & Ménager: Works for Horn & Piano Leo Halsdorf & Kae Shiraki
- Camillo Schumann (1872 - 1946): Horn Sonata No. 2 in D Major, Op. Posth.:
- 1Horn Sonata No. 2 in D Major, Op. Posth.: I. Andante sostenuto - Allegro con anima08:27
- 2Horn Sonata No. 2 in D Major, Op. Posth.: II. Andante04:48
- 3Horn Sonata No. 2 in D Major, Op. Posth.: III. Minuet03:38
- 4Horn Sonata No. 2 in D Major, Op. Posth.: IV. Allegro molto con brio06:38
- 3 Vortragsstücke, Op. 82:
- 53 Vortragsstücke, Op. 82: No. 1, Romanze06:10
- 63 Vortragsstücke, Op. 82: No. 2, Intermezzo03:39
- 73 Vortragsstücke, Op. 82: No. 3, Jagdstück04:37
- Horn Sonata No. 1 in F Major, Op. 118b:
- 8Horn Sonata No. 1 in F Major, Op. 118b: I. Andante sostenuto09:11
- 9Horn Sonata No. 1 in F Major, Op. 118b: II. Andante cantabile05:51
- 10Horn Sonata No. 1 in F Major, Op. 118b: III. Allegro con brio04:50
- Laurent Ménager (1835 - 1902): Sur la montagne, Op. 35:
- 11Sur la montagne, Op. 35 (Version for Horn & Piano)05:51
Info zu Camillo Schumann & Ménager: Works for Horn & Piano
Camillo Schumann, a pupil of Carl Reinecke in Leipzig, enjoyed an admired career as an organist, pianist and prolific composer. He pursued a traditional path that reflected his own training, interests and beliefs—barely acknowledging the tumultuous contemporary musical world of Schoenberg and Stravinsky. Instead, his works for horn and piano enshrine the finest qualities of German Romantic music. Sur la montagne by Laurent Ménager, a leading Luxembourgian composer, is a richly evocative depiction of a mountain landscape.
Leo Halsdorf, horn
Kae Shiraki, piano
was born in 1979 in Luxembourg. He started to play the horn at the age of ten in Marc Bouchard’s class at the Luxembourg Conservatory. In 2001 he gave up his maths studies to focus on his passion, music. He started to study music in Maastricht with Prof. Erich Penzel, and after graduating, continued advanced studies in Stuttgart with Prof. Christian Lampert. After just one year of studies, he obtained his first job, with the Aachen Symphony Orchestra, and was later hired as associate principal horn at the Bavarian State Orchestra. He switched to the same position in the Lucerne Symphony Orchestra and was hired one year later as principal horn of the Hamburg State Opera. From 2006 to 2012, he was principal horn of the Düsseldorf Symphonic Orchestra. In October 2012, he returned to Luxembourg, where he plays as principal horn with the OPL.
was born in Tokyo, Japan. From an early age it was already apparent that Kae possessed exceptional musical talent. Having started to play the piano at the age of three, in the class of Hideko Kikukawa, Kae won her first prize at the East Japanese Piano Competition two years later. Then, at the age of six, she made her first appearance with a chamber orchestra in Tokyo.
After successful formative years in Japan, she moved to Germany to continue her piano education under the tutelage of Michael Schäfer at the Hochschule für Musik und Theater München, graduating with top honors. Following graduation, she remained in Munich to further develop her artistic skills with the famous Georgian pianist, Elisso Wirssaladze.
In 2001, Kae then moved to Paris to refine the art of piano playing with Gerard Frémy and Guigla Katsarava at the Ecole de Musique de Paris - Alfred Cortot where she graduated with "1er prix avec les félicitations du Jury" (highest honours).
Kae lives and performs in Luxembourg and also frequently appears in France, Germany and throughout Europe.
Dieses Album enthält kein Booklet