Saint-Saëns: The Carnival of the Animals, R.125 & Other Works Cologne New Philharmonic & Volker Hartung
- Camille Saint-Saëns (1835 - 1921): The Carnival of the Animals, R.125:
- 1The Carnival of the Animals, R.125: I. Introduction and Royal March of the Lion01:56
- 2The Carnival of the Animals, R.125: II. Hens and Roosters00:47
- 3The Carnival of the Animals, R.125: III. Wild Donkeys, Swift Animals00:37
- 4The Carnival of the Animals, R.125: IV. Tortoises01:47
- 5The Carnival of the Animals, R.125: V. The Elephant01:22
- 6The Carnival of the Animals, R.125: VI. Kangaroos00:43
- 7The Carnival of the Animals, R.125: VII. Aquarium02:23
- 8The Carnival of the Animals, R.125: VIII. Characters with Long Ears00:47
- 9The Carnival of the Animals, R.125: IX. The Cuckoo in the Depths of the Woods02:18
- 10The Carnival of the Animals, R.125: X. Aviary01:15
- 11The Carnival of the Animals, R.125: XI. Pianists01:20
- 12The Carnival of the Animals, R.125: XII. Fossils01:17
- 13The Carnival of the Animals, R.125: XIII. The Swan03:00
- 14The Carnival of the Animals, R.125: XIV. Finale01:54
- Camille Saint-Saëns:
- 15Cello Concerto No. 1 in A Minor, Op. 33, R. 19320:36
- 16Introduction et rondo capriccioso, Op. 28, R. 18809:11
- 17Danse macabre, Op. 40, R. 17206:59
Info zu Saint-Saëns: The Carnival of the Animals, R.125 & Other Works
For more than 40 years, the Cologne New Philharmonic has presented its audience with symphonic masterpieces, well-balanced and powerful programs from the rich repertoire of the works of great masters. Under her roof a unique platform has been created, which offers young professionals the ever rarer opportunity to participate in extraordinary concert projects beyond the limits of their studies and professional life.
It is run by a charitable organization that supports the mission of the orchestra as a musical ambassador and promoter of a peaceful world through the integration of numerous foreign artists living in Germany. The Cologne New Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra with its programs from baroque to romanticism is characterized by virtuoso solo performances of the individual members of the ensemble, which gives the concerts an unusually colorful and interesting flair and enjoys great popularity due to their proximity to the audience.
Anyone who engages in a New Year's Concert of the Cologne New Philharmonic knows that on this day the light muse entertains with humorous and witty comments by principal conductor Volker Hartung.
In addition to classic Strauss-highlights, for example, the „Overture to the „Fledermaus“,“ the „Luzifer-Polka,“ the „Voices of Spring-Waltz“ famous tunes by Edvard Grieg, Henryk Wieniawsky, W.A. Mozart, Ludwig van Beethoven and Peter Tchaikovsky will be presented by the young virtuosos of the orchestra. Humorous, entertaining and unforgettable moments await you at the beginning of the year 2020.
It is the wish of the Cologne New Philharmonic not only to offer musically valuable interpretations of the masterpieces, but also as musical ambassadors to send greetings in the spirit of hope, friendship and peace to all people.
Cologne New Philharmonic
Volker Hartung, conductor
Keine Biografie vorhanden.